Nazarene Bible College exists to glorify Jesus Christ as Lord by preparing adults to evangelize, disciple, and minister to the world.
Nazarene Bible College is an undergraduate, professional school of Christian ministry committed to academic and practical programs designed to educate students for service and leadership in a diverse world.
Founded and sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene, the college has a unique place among the institutions of higher learning in the denomination. The college provides ministerial preparation for a diverse community of adult learners primarily within the United States. The college is committed to a strong program of academic excellence offering baccalaureate and associate degrees supported by appropriate student development programs and strategies.
Nazarene Bible College views truth through the Wesleyan-Holiness perspective and affirms the Bible as the cornerstone for a proper understanding of God’s redemptive plan for humankind. The college especially emphasizes the biblical doctrine of entire sanctification and living a holy, Christlike life.
The following core values express our finest aspirations and serve as guiding principles in the pursuit of our mission to equip students for effective Christian ministry. We commit ourselves to reflect the following values.
Learning and Instruction
We acknowledge the inspired truth of Scripture as the reference point for our educational process. We seek to develop lifelong learners with a Christian worldview. We are committed to academic and professional excellence. We desire to achieve balance in our curriculum through the integration of intellectual, spiritual, and practical studies.
Development of the Person
We hold that theological education involves shaping the whole person. Therefore, we value the development of moral and ethical integrity, physical and emotional health, and spiritual maturity, all as the demonstration of character through a holy lifestyle.
Service and Mission
We prepare students to engage in practical ministry. We value the demonstration of leadership and servanthood to meet the spiritual and social needs of our world. We encourage interdependence with local churches and diverse ministry contexts where our students can utilize their gifts and graces for service to the church and to the world.
Educational Objectives of the College
Nazarene Bible College faculty and administrators commit themselves to equipping each student to become a Christian witness and servant-leader who will demonstrate:
- Effective communication skills in listening, speaking, and writing.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to interact effectively in a culturally diverse and increasingly pluralistic world.
- Skills in biblical exposition that accurately reflect the content and meaning of Scripture.
- A biblically-formed worldview, integrating the Christian faith with general educational content.
- A recognition of the significance of the Wesleyan-Holiness theological perspective as foundational for life and ministry.
- A pattern of lifelong learning.
- Personal discipline in one’s care for body, mind, and spirit.
- A devoted relationship with Christ.
- A life of Christian holiness in community.
- Leadership in a variety of ministry contexts.
- Effective service within the content.
- A Commitment to global evangelism.