US Department of Education
For information on Financial Aid from the U.S. Department of Education. Student Aid.
The U.S. Department of Education has placed its Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the web. Students can now download the application and/or apply online using their FSA ID. If you have not already created an FSA ID, you may go to fsaid.ed.gov to apply. The Federal FAFSA Student Guide is also available online. fsaid.ed.gov.
When applying for financial aid, here are things you should keep in mind:
- File the FAFSA, even if you think you will not be eligible for a Pell Grant. A completed FAFSA application is necessary to receive federal student loans and institutional scholarships.
- Almost everyone is eligible for some kind of financial aid in the form of grants or loans. The FAFSA will help you determine the amount and type of aid you may receive.
- Full-time status is not a requirement for federal aid.
FAFSA: Applying for Aid
- Apply for an FSA ID - If you have never completed a FAFSA, you will need to begin by creating an FSA ID and Password. The FSA ID will be used to verify your identity and to digitally sign the FAFSA each year. You may apply for an FSA ID at the following web site: fsaid.ed.gov.
- Fill out the FAFSA - When you are ready to apply, FAFSA on the Web (fsaid.ed.gov) will walk you through the process.
- Click on the "Start a New FAFSA" button and follow the directions on the screen.
- Don't forget to add the NBC School code 013007 when prompted. This will send a copy of your FAFSA information to the financial aid office so we can review your eligibility.
- Already completed a FAFSA? - Remember to add NBC's school code to your application. To do this, go to the FASFA web site (fsaid.ed.gov).
- Click on "Make a Correction".
- Once you have logged into the application, click on the "School Selection" tab at the top of the screen.
- Enter the NBC School Code 013007 in the Federal School Code box on the left hand side of the screen.
- Save and submit your information to send a copy of your FAFSA to the NBC financial aid office.