- International Board of Education (IBOE) Scholarships
The IBOE is comprised of twelve people representing the global Church of the Nazarene and functions as the global church advocate for educational institutions for the Church of the Nazarene worldwide. These scholarships are open to all students, but they are awarded based on need and academic excellence. Please contact the NBC Financial Aid office to obtain an application and instruction packet. Completed applications must be returned to the NBC Financial Aid Office no later than April 15, 2014.
- Colorado Authors' League Scholarship
The Colorado Authors' League, the state's premier organization of professional independent writers, is once again offering a $1,000 scholarship to an aspiring Colorado writer. If you know of any college student who meets the requirements below, please tell them about the scholarship and encourage them to apply. The postmark deadline is April 1.
The scholarship is open to applicants who:
- Are legal residents of the state of Colorado and must be enrolled in an accredited Colorado school
- Are officially enrolled full time (at least 12 hours) at an accredited private or public college, university, community college, junior college or vocational school
- Have successfully completed at least 12 hours of undergraduate study
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better
- Demonstrate financial need
In addition, applicants must write an essay of up to 1,000 words on the topic, "How Writing will Benefit My Profession." Essays will be judged for excellence of writing, creativity and grammar.
Applications must be postmarked by April 1. Winners will be notified by May 1. Application forms may be found on our website: www.coloradoauthors.org.
If you have any questions, please contact: Joy Lawrance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Women International (EWI) ASIST Scholarship
The Adult Students in Scholastic Transition Scholarship is an education program for the benefit of nontraditional students. Interested applicants who are 18 year of age or older and reside within the boundaries of an EWI chapter may obtain an application packet through the EWI website: http://www.springsewi.com/scholarship/asist-scholarship-information. Deadline for applications is June 1, 2014.
Filed Under: Communicator Published: 02/21/2014