Priority Deadline for Financial Aid: May 1, 2015
The NBC Financial Aid office is instituting a priority deadline for students using financial aid. Students will need to complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA application by May 1, 2015. NBC will accept late applications, but students who apply by May 1, 2015 will receive priority assistance.
Get Ready to Apply - FAFSA TIPS:
- The FAFSA is Free
- If you are asked to pay for your application, you are on the wrong website.
- The Federal FAFSA website is www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
- File Your Taxes Before You Start
- Students who estimate their income are more likely to be chosen for verification.
- If you are a dependent student – make sure your parents have also filed their taxes!
- Know Your PIN
- PIN is the 4 digit number you used to e-sign your FAFSA last year.
- Don't know your PIN or need help getting one? You can get help at the following website: www.pin.ed.gov
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- It's designed to make the process faster and easier. It's on the Financial Information Tab of the FAFSA.
- It will be available 1-2 weeks after electronically filing your taxes or 6-8 weeks after you file if you are using a paper tax return.
- Bonus: you don't need to provide tax information if you're selected for verification.
- If you have More Questions? Call the NBC Financial Aid Department – Contact information is listed below.
If you have more questions, please contact Charle S. Gieck in Financial Aid at 719-884-5052 or, 1-800-873-3873 ext. 5052 or, email her at CSGieck@nbc.edu or Janice M. Webb in Financial Aid at 719-884-5053 or, 1-800-873-3873 ext. 5053 or, email her at JMWebb@nbc.edu.
Filed Under: Communicator Published: 12/16/2014