SCI2013 - General Physical Science
A physical science course designed for general studies requirements. Emphasis is placed on applying the concepts and principles of science to everyday life. It includes a guided lab experience. The course develops an understanding of the methodology of science and how scientific ideas have affected our culture and view of the world.
The following learning goals will be achieved by this course:
- Recognize and appreciate science in everyday life.
- Develop problem solving skills.
- Interpret information using higher-order and reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Expand their knowledge base of the physical world and how things work.
- Better integrate science with faith.
The following are competencies for Ministry as outlined in the Sourcebook for Ministerial Development that will be addressed in this course:
- Ability to reason logically for discernment, assessment, and problem solving. (CP5)
Prerequisites: General Mathematics or permission from the department.