PSY4001 - Personal Development
An experience in which the student will have a minimum of ten individual counseling sessions with a licensed therapist. This offers the student the opportunity to experience the role of a counselee and to address her or his personal mental health issues. The student will keep a journal of the experience and submit a reflective report to the program chairperson.
- To provide a face-to-face opportunity to experience a therapeutic encounter.
- To access experientially a variety of therapeutic theorems, techniques, and methodologies as a client.
- To explore the student’s own mental, emotional, and behavioral concerns.
- To introduce, when appropriate, significant family members of the student to an understanding of the counseling dynamic.
- To learn effective therapeutic forms of application to a life issue.
- To affirm a Christian worldview of counseling from a declared professional Christian counselor.
- To reflect on the merits of counseling by actively journaling each session.