ENG1013GS - English Composition I
A study of the fundamental principles of sentence, paragraph, and essay composition, including a study of grammar, usage, and spelling. A proficiency essay is required for course credit.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- Develop a desire to demonstrate skillful writing, correct language usage, and correct spelling especially in ministry contexts.
- Acquire the habit of writing spontaneously and regularly.
- Master the writing process skills of planning what to say and implementing how to say it.
- Demonstrate satisfactory progress in communicating ideas in clear and interesting written English.
The following competencies as outlined in the Sourcebook on Ordination: United States of America Edition, 2006 to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to communicate publicly through multiple methods (oral, written, media, etc.) with clarity and creativity for the sake of fostering meaning.(CP-1)
- Ability to write clearly and in a grammatically correct manner in the modes of discourse used in the ministry.(CP-2)