ENG1043GS - Classical Literature
Classical Literature is a course designed to increase student’s understanding, appreciation, and use of the values and functions of literature. Devotional illustrations for oral and written presentations are drawn from the great themes of literature found in the three major genres of Narrative, Drama and Poetry.
At the conclusion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand, appreciate, and use the following values and functions of literature.
- Literature offers a means to understanding the human experience.
- Literature enlarges one’s being.
- Literature gives form to one’s own experience.
- Literature heightens awareness.
- Literature serves as a catalyst to thinking.
- Literature provides recreation and entertainment.
- Read with comprehension the three major genres of classical literature.
- Write and present devotional illustrations drawn from classical literature.
- Participate in a collaborative learning experience that includes class discussions and small group interactions about the themes found in classical literature.
- Understand how classical literature has had an influence on a multicultural level worldwide.