FNA1003GS - Introduction to Fine Arts
This course provides a variety of experiences designed to present art and music in historical and contemporary cultural perspectives. Hands-on activities, and community cultural events will complement exposure to selected great artistic expressions of the western world. The course is designed to equip students to articulate ideas about art and music throughout and to appreciate these artistic expressions through life.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- Explore art and music within an historical context.
- Explore art and music from contemporary cultural perspectives.
- Compare and contrast artistic expressions from different countries and time periods.
- Participate in activities and cultural events to expand appreciation and understanding of the fine arts.
- Articulate and reflect on artistic experiences encountered through course activities.
- Develop an appreciation for the ways in which art and music can enhance our lives.
There are no prerequisites for this course.