BIB3013 - Hebrew Prophets
An exegetical study focusing on the historical, literary, and theological dimensions of the prophetic books in the Old Testament. Prerequisites: Introduction to the Old Testament and Biblical Interpretation.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- Recognize the content of the biblical books of the writing prophets.
- Explain the major themes found in the Hebrew prophets.
- Recognize the prophetic responses to historical events in Ancient Israel.
- Consider the application of biblical prophetic messages to the contemporary Church.
The following competencies as outlined in the Sourcebook on Ordination: United States of America Edition, 2006 to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to identify the main characters of the Old Testament and their role in the story. (CN-4
- Ability to describe the historical context of the major sections of the Old Testament. (CN-5)
- Ability to chronologically order the main events and persons of the Old Testament. (CN-6)
- Ability to describe the major theological concepts of the Old Testament. (CN-7)
Introduction to the Old Testament and Biblical Interpretation.