PSY4023 - Psychopathology and Pharmacology
The purpose of this course is to examine a variety of human issues classified as abnormal, review the current methods of diagnosing psychopathology, and develop treatment plans, including psychopharmaceutical inteventions. Special attention will be given to the multi-axial diagnostic procedures of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- To provide the student with an opportunity to acquire a systematic and in-depth understanding of the current knowledge in the field of psychopathology.
- To equip the prospective professional counselor with the tools by which he or she may understand the behavior and indirect manifestations of psychopathology that is likely to be encountered in the practice of Christian counseling and ministry.
- To engender a learning environment useful to those planning further study and research in the field of psychology and psychotherapy.
- To encourage an objective attitude toward and compassionate understanding of those afflicted by some form of psychopathology.
- To provide an exchange of literature and media discoveries in the treatment of psychopathology.