BLE4614 - Business and Professional Communication
A course teaching practical and theoretical components of effective professional communications. Students will learn foundational skills in effective oral and written communication for the workplace, including development of proposals and presentations. Elements of cross-cultural communications will be included. The course uses Word and PowerPoint in various business and professional applications.
Upon completion of this course, the student will:
- Understand and apply the concepts of business communication related to the communication process, levels and flow of communication, influences of strategic forces, interpersonal and group communication.
- Understand and apply the process for planning and preparing spoken and written business messages.
- Write various kinds of professional business letters based on communication through voice, electronic, and written messages.
- Understand how to create business reports and presentations with visual components and effective delivery.
- Create a resume and cover letter related to his or her own career field.
- Apply business communication concepts and skills to communicate effectively in a business environment as related to one's professional and personal life and ministry.
There are no prerequisites for this course.