BLE4644 - Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Environment of Business
A course designed to consider the legal and regulatory environment of business. The common law system, governmental regulations, and rules for non-profit corporations will be explored. Application of moral principles to business with the boundaries of the legal and regulatory environment will be emphasized.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- Make ethical business decisions through a proper understanding of the legal environment of business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of statutory law, common law, administrative law, case law and constitutional law.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the critical elements of a contract and the duties of performance and nonperformance and discharge of contracts.
- Demonstrate knowledge about negotiable instruments and the liabilities of the parties of the instruments.
- Demonstrate knowledge about employment law, discrimination, and the Equal Opportunity Employment Act.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the types of organizations including partnerships, corporations, franchises, and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role and liabilities of directors, officers, agents and employees in a corporation.
- Articulate an understanding of how the law of the land interfaces with a Christian world view in order to create Christian business leaders capable of influencing the business community.
There are no prerequisites for this course.