BLE4664 - Strategic Leadership and Management
A course designed to explore strategic leadership through discussion of vision, mission, and values. The course examines how a clear, compelling vision can move individuals and organizations toward desired goals and evaluates strategies that translate vision and mission into action. It further examines the relationship in organizations between planning strategies and their impact on performance and goal attainment.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the foundations of strategic management and strategic leadership.
- Explain the importance of analyzing the firm's external and internal environments.
- Describe how to successfully use each business-level strategy.
- Understand and apply strategic leadership concepts of vision, mission, and values statements and how they contribute to the success of churches and organizations.
- Understand the importance of developing a company's SWOT analysis and how it can be effectively implemented.
- Define strategic alliances and explain the difference between equity and non-equity alliances as well as the major risks of strategic alliances.
- Describe innovation, entrepreneurial opportunities and entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Identify and apply course concepts to your leadership within your professional and personal life.
- Understand and apply strategic leadership concepts of vision, mission, and values from industry case studies.
There are no prerequisites for this course.