PSY4033 - Current Issues in Counseling
The purpose of this course is to acquaint the student with trends and research in current counseling issues such as child abuse, domestic violence, addictions, anger control, stress management, suicide, and development of organizational programs for intervention.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Research a topic, thoroughly examining its content and relevancy to current counseling practice.
2. Present your research publically as though you are giving a professional seminar.
3. Use PowerPoint to present your topic clearly and creatively.
4. Write reflections on the current issues presented by fellow class members and guest lecturers.
5. Increase knowledge of and sensitivity to cultures that are different than your own.
6. Use the Prepare/Enrich assessment for dealing with current issues in pre-marital and marriage counseling. The cost of the training packet is $10.00.
7. Participate in a collaborative learning experience.