OTR2013 - Global Evangelism
An overview of the biblical, theological, and historical foundations for personal, congregational, and mass evangelism strategies, both local and global. Attention will also be given to the role of the Church of the Nazarene in global missions as well as the development of new Great Commission strategies.
The following are competencies for Ministry as outlined in the Sourcebook for Ministerial Development that will be addressed in this course:
- Ability to describe the mission and practice of the Church throughout its history. (CN11)
- Ability to lead evangelistically through preaching, modeling and equipping others. (CP7)
- Ability to lead in discipling and assimilating new converts into the Church. (CP8)
- Ability to prepare and lead discipleship ministries that are biblically sound, age-appropriate, intergenerational, and culturally sensitive. (CP15)
- Ability to understand, appreciate, and work sensitively with cultures and sub-cultures (CX1)
- Ability to identify and apply the principles of cross-cultural communications. (CX2)
- Ability to understand and articulate the biblical, historical, and theological bases for Christian mission. (CX7)
- Ability to describe basic missiological principles and to apply them to the development of ministry in the local church. (CX8)
There are no prerequisites for this course.