CEM4113 - Multiple Staff and Team Ministries
A study of the theological and theoretical foundations for developing effective professional and lay ministry teams.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- To help the student develop a biblically based philosophy of ministry as it relates to the roles, responsibilities, and relationships of the senior pastor, paid staff, and lay volunteers.
- To acquaint the student with standard models of church staff leadership and organization and relate them to the prescribed structures outlined in the Manual of the Church of the Nazarene.
- To acquaint the student with principles and methods for functioning effectively as a member of a ministry team and for facilitating the development and maintenance of effective ministry teams.
- To acquaint the student with resources that can assist him or her to continually grow and improve as a ministry team member.
The following competencies as outlined in the (SOURCEBOOK) to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to lead congregations in the biblical stewardship of life resources. (CP4)
- Ability to envision and implement Christian education in the local church. (CP10)
There are no prerequisites for this course.