ENG1013 - English Composition I
A study of the fundamental principles of sentence, paragraph, and essay composition, including a study of grammar, usage, and spelling. A proficiency essay is required for course credit. Prerequisite: Passing score on the placement test or pass ENG-0013 - Basic English Skills.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- Accepts the attitude that skillful writing, correct language usage, and correct spelling are necessary for the effective carrying out of his/her ministry.
- Acquires the habit of writing spontaneously and regularly in a journal.
- Masters the writing process skills of planning what to say and implementing how to say it.
- Demonstrates satisfactory progress in his/her ability to communicate ideas in clear and interesting written English.
The following are competencies for Ministry as outlined in the Sourcebook for Ministerial Development that will be addressed in this course:
- Ability to communicate publicly through multiple methods (oral, written, media, etc.) with clarity, and creativity, utilizing gender inclusive language. (CP1)
Passing score on the placement test or pass ENG-0013 - Basic English Skills.