MPP1511 - English Composition I
A study of the fundamental principles of sentence, paragraph, and essay composition, including a study of grammar, usage, and spelling. A proficiency essay is required for course credit. Prerequisite: Passing score on the placement test or pass ENG-0013 - Basic English Skills.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- Accepts the attitude that skillful writing, correct language usage, and correct spelling are necessary for the effective carrying out of his/her ministry.
- Acquires the habit of writing spontaneously and regularly in a journal.
- Masters the writing process skills of planning what to say and implementing how to say it.
- Demonstrates satisfactory progress in his/her ability to communicate ideas in clear and interesting written English.
The following competencies as outlined in the Sourcebook on Ordination: United States of America Edition, 2006 to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to communicate publicly through multiple methods (oral, written, media, etc.) with clarity and creativity for the sake of fostering meaning.(CP-1)
- Ability to write clearly and in a grammatically correct manner in the modes of discourse used in the ministry.(CP-2)
Passing score on the placement test or pass ENG-0013 - Basic English Skills.