MPP1541 - Introduction to the New Testament
A survey of the historical, literary, and cultural context of the New Testament. This course is a prerequisite for all other New Testament classes.
The following competencies as outlined in the Sourcebook on Ordination: United States of America Edition, 2006 to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to identify the literary structure of the New Testament.(CN-8)
- Ability to identify the genre and basic thrust of each New Testament book.(CN-9)
- Ability to summarize the significant life events of Jesus and Paul.(CN-10)
- Ability to identify the significant elements of the message of Jesus and Paul.(CN-11)
- Ability to describe the impact of the historical background of the New Testament on the message of Jesus and Paul.(CN-12)
- Ability to order chronologically the significant events and persons of the New Testament.(CN-13)
- Ability to identify and describe the major theological concepts of the New Testament.(CN-14)
There are no prerequisites for this course.