BIB2133 - New Testament Greek for Biblical Study
An introduction to the Greek language of the New Testament. Emphasis will be given to some of the basic rudiments of N.T. Greek with the purpose of enabling students to engage in serious biblical study through the use of Greek language resources. The course will focus on the Greek alphabet and an elementary level of Greek grammar. Special attention will be given to the development of word study skills.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Recognize and read the Greek alphabet.
- Understand the elementary rudiments of Greek grammar.
- Effectively use Greek resources for New Testament Greek word studies.
- Identify key English and Greek words within New Testament passages.
- Possess a basic vocabulary of the most significant Greek words in the New Testament.
- Pronounce and read Greek words correctly.
- Use a Greek-English Interlinear Bible effectively for study.
There are no prerequisites for this course.