WMP1143 - Women of the Bible
An exegetical study focusing on the historical, literary, and theological dimenensions of named and unnamed women of the Old and New Testaments.
- To gain familiarity with the content of the narratives of named and unnamed women of the Old and New Testaments.
- To come to a recognition of certain themes and issues relating to women which are found in the Old and New Testaments.
- To comprehend the methodologies and major interpretations commonly applied to passages related to women of the Bible.
- To learn how to apply the "hermeneutic of faith" to bring answers from the Bible to address contemporary gender issues.
- To gain greater depth and knowledge of the Bible by exploring how the biblical text speaks differently to women and men.
- To gain a greater knowledge of the Bible when questions are addressed by the examination of the cultural and historical context of a text as well as consideration of the response of the reader.