BIB3624 - Bible and Life Application
A basic course on how to study the Bible with special attention given to the application of the Bible to contemporary life. Emphasis will be given to the methods and tools needed for the serious study of the Bible as well as the practical application of the biblical message to everyday life. Specific focus will be given to an in-depth study of an Old or New Testament book.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand various methods of biblical study and interpretation.
- Demonstrate sound interpretational principles in identifying the central message of a biblical text.
- Identify the steps of historical, literary, and theological analysis used in biblical interpretation.
- Transfer the message of biblical truths into meaningful personal life application and application to the needs of contemporary humanity.
- Recognize and use good biblical interpretation resources.
- Understand the background of the differences in Bible translations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.