CEM4113 - Multiple Staff and Team Ministries
A study of the theological and theoretical foundations for developing effective professional and lay ministry teams.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- To help the student develop a biblically based philosophy of ministry as it relates to the roles, responsibilities, and relationships of the senior pastor, paid staff, and lay volunteers.
- To acquaint the student with standard models of church staff leadership and organization and relate them to the prescribed structures outlined in the Manual of the Church of the Nazarene.
- To acquaint the student with principles and methods for functioning effectively as a member of a ministry team and for facilitating the development and maintenance of effective ministry teams.
- To acquaint the student with resources that can assist him or her to continually grow and improve as a ministry team member.
The following are competencies for Ministry as outlined in the Sourcebook for Ministerial Development that will be addressed in this course:
- Ability to lead congregations in the biblical stewardship of life resources. (CP4)
- Ability to envision and implement Christian education in the local church. (CP10)
There are no prerequisites for this course.