Nazarene Bible College believes education, faith, and life go hand-in-hand. Completion of the AdVantage program leads to a Bachelor of Arts in Ministry degree with a major in Counseling for Christian Ministries, or Leadership and Ethics. Each program is taught by experienced professionals with an educational model that focuses on experiential learning, practical skills, and life application. In addition to being provided the tools to be more productive, the student will be challenged to integrate faith with everyday life.
Students who complete the AdVantage program will demonstrate:
- Become familiar with the basic content and themes of the Bible.
- Become acquainted with the essential doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Nurture personal spiritual development.
- Identify sound methods and resources for interpreting the Bible.
- Understand the basic principles of biblically-based leadership.
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours.
- At least 30 semester hours in residence.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale with the following program additions/exceptions:
- Counseling (CCM): 3.0 cumulative GPA for all courses specific to the major.
- Completion of the required hours in the following areas:
- General Education 45 semester hours
- Electives 15 semester hours
- Bible and Theology 20 semester hours
- Foundational 8 semester hours
- Major Courses 32 semester hours
- Completion of the Capstone Project (Leadership and Ethics), Internship, Orientation/ Capstone Intensives (Counseling for Christian Ministries).
- Completion of NBC Experience.
- Completion of Ministry Progress Review.
- Completion of Graduating Colloquium.
- College indebtedness paid in full prior to release of transcripts and/or diploma.
The B.A.Min. degree with a Counseling for Christian Ministries major is for those who desire to build a competence in counseling theory and principles. The program provides a conceptual framework for applications in the helping professions, such as pastoral ministries, parachurch organizations, and occupations involving human management.
The B.A.Min. with a Leadership and Ethics major is designed for adults who desire to complete a ministry focused degree for personal growth, increased training, and/or advancement in their workplace or volunteer setting.