Please visit the U.S. Department of Education and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS Tax Information for Students and Tax Benefits for Education) web sites for the most current information.
An Overview of the following items can be found at the U.S. Department of Education web site:
- $1,500 HOPE Scholarship to make the first two years of college universally available.
- Lifetime Learning Credit for college juniors, seniors, graduate students, and working Americans pursuing lifelong learning to upgrade their skills.
- Education Savings Accounts.
- Student Loan Interest Deduction.
- IRA Withdrawals.
- Employer-Provided Education Benefits.
Visit the IRS