Instructions for Graduates
General Information for Graduates and Graduates' Guests
General Information for Graduates
Protocol for Attire
- WOMEN – Dress, or nice slacks and blouse; dress shoes or dress sandals (no tennis shoes or flip-flops).
- MEN – White dress shirt and tie (suit coat is optional); dress slacks; dress shoes (no tennis shoes or flip-flops).
- Do not attach flowers, jewelry, adornments, or messaging on the outside of your commencement regalia.
- You may not carry anything during the processional (including purses, cameras, or mobile phones). There will not be any reserved location to store purses or valuables during the ceremony. Please plan accordingly by securing all personal items and/or valuables prior to line-up.
- The diploma cover received at Commencement is the cover to retain for your official diploma, but does not contain your official diploma, but a congratulatory note instead.
- Your degree is granted at the conclusion of the term in which all your degree requirements are fulfilled. After all financial obligations have been met, your official diploma will be ordered and shipped in six weeks to the address on file from your graduation application.
General Information for Graduates’ Guests
Seating for Family and Friends
- Doors open for Commencement at the Worship Center of Springs First at 2 pm. There is no private reserving of seats permitted. All your family and guests should arrive at 2 pm in order to select their seats. Ushers have been instructed to seat people in all chairs even if someone says they are “holding” seats for someone arriving later.
- Please help us with this by informing your family and friends ahead of time.
Photography and Videography
- Graduates may not carry or use a camera or cell phone during the Commencement Service. Your family and friends are welcome to take photos at all events while encouraged not to disturb the ceremony or prevent others from enjoying the service.
- Instruct the person taking pictures for you to move to the designated area near the left front side of the sanctuary. They may move into position for taking photos as you receive your diploma, then move on to allow room for others to do the same.
- Video photographers must use the area behind audience seating.
- The Commencement ceremony is professionally videotaped and will be posted on the NBC website for viewing.
- Parents are encouraged to utilize the free nursery care at Springs First for all infants through children age five. The nursery will open at 2:00 pm. Children not left in the nursery must be under adult supervision at all times. All children are to be picked up 30 minutes following the Commencement service.
- There is no charge for childcare, but you need to complete the enclosed Childcare Registration Form and return it to the Registrar’s Office by Monday May 13th.
- Graduates, family, and friends, should plan to park in the west parking lot of Springs First unless handicap parking is required.
Filed Under: Communicator Published: 03/04/2019