BIB4053 - Biblical Hebrew III
The completion of an introductory study of the vocabulary, grammar, and syntax of biblical Hebrew. Additional emphasis will be given to readings from the Hebrew Bible and the discussion of exegetical insights based on the language. Prerequisites: Biblical Hebrew II or permission of the instructor.
- Increase familiarity with the vocabulary of the biblical Hebrew language.
- Continue an introductory study of the grammar and syntax of biblical Hebrew.
- Strengthen ability to make use of Hebrew lexical aids in the study of the Scriptures.
- Practice translation of the Hebrew Bible into English
- Continue to cultivate an appreciation for biblical Hebrew in relation to biblical studies.