PSY4602 - Orientation to Counseling for Christian Ministries
This course is intended to acquaint the student with the Counseling for Christian Ministries program, provide opportunity for self-reflection, and introduce group process. This is a required, intensive course on the NBC campus.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Know basic, salient tenets of the helping professions.
- Participate in group process as a means of helping oneself and others.
- Experience self reflection for exploring one’s own attitudes and values as a helper.
Other benefits of the course include:
- An overview of the Counseling for Christian Ministries curriculum.
- An opportunity to become acquainted with fellow members of your cohort.
- An occasional guest lecturer on a current topic.
There are no prerequisites for this course.