NBC Remote Support
Chrome Remote Desktop is software that allows NBC personnel to use your computer over the Internet as if they were sitting in front of it. In order to download the software, you must already have spoken with your advisor or other support personnel about your concern. You must agree to let NBC support personnel take control of your computer in an effort to help resolve your issue.
ChromeOS Special Instructions
Please follow the step-by-step directions below very carefully.
- Let your support technician know that you have ChromeOS and will be using Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Open https://remotedesktop.google.com/support. In the 'Get Support' box, if there is a 'Generate code' button, skip to step 5. Otherwise click the download icon in the 'Get Support' box.
- In the newly opened Chrome Web Store window, click the 'Add to Chrome' button. Then click 'Add extension' to confirm.
- Re-open (or refresh) https://remotedesktop.google.com/support to update the webpage.
- In the 'Get Support' box, click the 'Generate code' button.
- The web page will give you a connection code which is only good for 5 minutes. Give this code to your technician without delay; so, s/he may get connected and assist you.
Windows and Mac Instructions