Nazarene Bible College believes education, faith, and life go hand-in-hand. Completion of the AdVantage program leads to a Bachelor of Arts in Ministry degree with a major in Christian Counseling (campus only), Christian School Education, Counseling for Christian Ministries (online only), or Leadership and Ethics. Each program is taught by experienced professionals with an educational model that focuses on experiential learning, practical skills, and life application. In addition to being provided the tools to be more productive, the student will be challenged to integrate faith with everyday life.
Students who complete the AdVantage program will demonstrate:
- A theologically sound approach to work and ministry.
- An ability to work in collaboration with other students and apply that collaboration to the student's work and/or ministry setting.
- Biblically-based ethical principles that guide decision-making and interpersonal and professional relationships.
- Personal spiritual formation and habits that enrich the student's relationship to Christ and impact the student's relationship with others in his or her work and/or volunteer setting.
- The ability to articulate the essential doctrines of the Christian faith in a diverse world.
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours.
- At least 60 semester hours in residence.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale with the following program additions/exceptions:
- Christian School Education: 3.0 cumulative GPA for all EDU courses.
- Counseling (CC/CCM): 3.0 cumulative GPA for all courses specific to the major.
- Completion of the required hours in the following areas:
- General Education 45 semester hours
- Electives 15 semester hours
- Bible and Theology 20 semester hours
- Foundational 8 semester hours
- Major Courses 32 semester hours
- Completion of the capstone project (Leadership and Ethics), student teaching (Christian School Education), Internship (Christian Counseling), Orientation/Capstone Intensives (Counseling for Christian Ministries).
- Completion of NBC Experience.
- Completion of Ministry Progress Review.
- Completion of Graduating Colloquium.
- College indebtedness paid in full.
The B.A.Min. degree with a Christian Counseling major is for those who wish to become more competent and confident in Christian counseling skills. This program is built on the NBC Bachelor of Arts in Ministry core requirements with the Christian Counseling major requirements added in the fourth year.
The B.A.Min. degree with a Christian School Education major is the primary degree offered to persons who wish to serve as school teachers in Christian schools or other educational ministries.
The B.A.Min. degree with a Counseling for Christian Ministries major is for those who desire to build a competence in counseling theory and principles. The program provides a conceptual framework for applications in the helping professions, such as pastoral ministries, parachurch organizations, and occupations involving human management.
The B.A.Min. with a Leadership and Ethics major is designed for adults who desire to complete a ministry focused degree for personal growth, increased training, and/or advancement in their workplace or volunteer setting.