Student Council Nominations
Nominations Week for 2008-2009 ASG President will be January 21-25. ASG members consider NBC a ministry, and make it a goal to implement what they are learning at NBC by being ministers for His glory here and now. Through consecrated lives, we expect Him to do wonders in and through us as we minister to NBC.
Being a member of the ASG requires a commitment and a heart to serve fellow peers as minister-leaders. It shall be the duty of the president or designee of ASG to call and preside at all ASG meetings, to act as the student liaison to the college administration, to research and communicate improvements for student development, to provide oversight of any ASG sponsored convocation events, to provide oversight of the transfer of all ASG records, and to serve on the publications board (Student Handbook, 106.1)
If you are being called to this kind of ministry, the requirements are as follows:
- Willing to be a servant-leader at NBC spiritually, academically, and by exemplifying a balanced lifestyle.
- Committed to serving students, faculty, and staff.
- Grade point average of 3.0 and taking at least 2 classes per trimester.
- Had prior ASG experience or interest.
Other 2008-2009 available positions will be made known soon! In the meantime, please pray for God's guidance and His will to be done as His ASG Council serves NBC.
Future Nominations/Elections for 2008-2009 positions will include: VP of Spiritual Life, VP of Social Life, VP of Rec Life, VP of Organizations, Senior, Junior, and Sophomore Representatives, Secretary, and Treasurer. (The Photographer and Voice and Vision Editors are interviewed and selected by Student Development. Please see Dr. Matson about these positions if you are interested.)
Requirements for Ex-officio and Representative positions are as follows:
- Ex-officio positions: Grade point average of 3.0 and taking at least 2 classes per trimester.
- Representative positions: Grade point average of 2.75. Freshmen and Sophomore Reps must be taking at least 3 classes and Junior and Senior Reps must be taking at least 2 classes per trimester.
If you have questions, please feel free to ask ASG members and/or consult your Student Handbook.
Any NBC student may nominate peers! ASG is for you. You have a direct impact on who you want to serve as your representatives!
Filed Under: Communicator Published: 01/16/2008