SAR3614 - Stewardship and Fundraising
This course provides step-by-step instructions designed to help the student construct an operational fundraising plan that is appropriate to the needs of the officer's Corps and/or Unit. Emphasis is given to such issues as meeting deadlines, scheduling special events, and creating an overall plan for fundraising activities to ensure that they all fit together and support Corps/Unit programs.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create an effective stewardship and fundraising overview plan.
- Formulate a calendar of events, mailings, and strategies to attract contributions.
- Draw fundraising ideas from financial data.
- Survey his/her board to refine its mission.
- Produce a basic funding proposal and press kit.
- Prepare clear status reports for the board, development staff, and key fundraising participants.
- Track progress toward his/her funding goal.
There are no prerequisites for this course.