PSY4614 - Developmental Issues in Counseling
A course intended to give the student an understanding of the fundamental processes of human development through the life span, with a particular focus on the student's awareness of her or his own developmental history.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by "life-span development."
- Identify the major factors of human development across the lifespan.
- Explain integration of the developmental factors of each lifespan stage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how growth and change take place within the individual from a developmental perspective.
- Explore the contributions of psychology's major developmental theorists and identify development and behavior from each of their perspectives.
- Identify tasks necessary to complete at each developmental stage to promote health.
- Demonstrate self-awareness within a developmental perspective.
There are no prerequisites for this course.