MPP1201 - Communicating the Gospel in a Pluralistic World
An overview of the biblical, theological, and historical foundations for personal, congregational, and mass evangelism strategies, both local and global. Attention will also be given to the role of the Church of the Nazarene in global missions as well as the development of new Great Commission strategies.
The following are competencies for Ministry as outlined in the Sourcebook for Ministerial Development that will be addressed in this course:
- CN11 Ability to describe the mission and practice of the Church throughout its history.
- CP7 Ability to lead evangelistically through preaching, modeling and equipping others.
- CP8 Ability to lead in discipling and assimilating new converts into the Church.
- CP15 Ability to prepare and lead discipleship ministries that are biblically sound, age-appropriate, intergenerational, and culturally sensitive.
- CX1 Ability to understand, appreciate, and work sensitively with cultures and sub-cultures
- CX2 Ability to identify and apply the principles of cross-cultural communications.
- CX7 Ability to understand and articulate the biblical, historical, and theological bases for Christian mission.
- CX8 Ability to describe basic missiological principles and to apply them to the development of ministry in the local church.
It is recommended that the following modules be taken before taking this module: Telling the Old Testament Story of God, Telling the New Testament Story of God, Communicating with Spoken and Written Language, and Exploring Christian Ministry.