MPP1201 - Communicating the Gospel in a Pluralistic World
An overview of the biblical, theological, and historical foundations for personal, congregational, and mass evangelism strategies, both local and global. Attention will also be given to the role of the Church of the Nazarene in global missions as well as the development of new Great Commission strategies.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course: The following competencies as outlined in the Sourcebook on Ordination: United States of America Edition, 2006 to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to describe how the church implemented its mission in the various periods of Church History.(CN-26)
- Ability to think globally and engage cross-culturally for the purpose of mission.(CP-15)
- Ability to preach evangelistically & to be engaged with & equip others in personal & congregational evangelism.(CP-16)
- Ability to identify social and congregational factors that influence church health and growth.(CP-18)
- Ability to analyze & describe congregations & communities.(CX-2)
- Ability to describe socialization and to apply its dynamics to the life of the Christian community.(CX-3)
- Ability to understand, appreciate, and work sensitively to explain the nature of cultures and sub-cultures.(CX-6)
- Ability to identify and apply the principles of cross-cultural communications.(CX-7)
- Ability to place the ministry context in light of the large schemes of world and national history.(CX-8)
- Ability to understand and articulate the biblical, historical and theological bases for Christian mission.(CX-10)
- Ability to describe basic missiological principles and to apply them to the development of ministry in the local church.(CX-11)
- Ability to develop and utilize existing ministry forms to compassionate ministry (such as community assessment, networking, ministry resource development, social programming, etc.) by which individuals, families, and congregations may be formed in the Christlikeness. (CP-23) Deacon Compassionate Ministries)
It is recommended that the following modules be taken before taking this module: Telling the Old Testament Story of God, Telling the New Testament Story of God, Communicating with Spoken and Written Language, and Exploring Christian Ministry.