CEM2133 - Leadership of Christian Educational Ministries
A study of the role of Christian educational ministries in developing mature and healthy believers and congregations with a particular focus on the key leadership tasks of directing an effective educational ministry in a local congregation.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- Identify, understand, and implement critical elements of an educational ministry that enable a local church to lead its members to Christian maturity.
- Implement key principles and practices in leading an educational ministry to fulfill its purpose in a local church.
- Develop an organization that will facilitate effective educational ministry in the local church and in cooperative denominational programs of education.
The following competencies as outlined in the Sourcebook on Ordination: United States of America Edition, 2006 to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to provide oversight of a congregation using management skills, including leadership, conflict resolution, and administration. (CP5)
- Ability to manage ministry resources (time, human, financial, etc.) in a way consistent with a church's size and characteristics. (CP6)
- Ability to conceive and articulate purpose, mission, vision, and to develop strategic plans in a local church. (CP7)
- Ability to develop team building skills, identify and cultivate spiritual gifts, recruit volunteers, diagnose and intervene in problems. (CP8)
- Ability to envision Christian education most appropriate for a local church and to assure the development and empowerment of those serving in it. (CP20)
- Ability to describe the role of curriculum in the spiritual formation of congregations and to evaluate specific curricula in light of that goal. (CP25)
- Ability to prepare, organize and deliver a biblically sound basic scheme of teaching/learning discipleship in culturally appropriate ways, using appropriate techniques and skills (CP26)
- Ability to develop ways by which individuals and congregations may be formed/shaped by Scripture. (CP27)
There are no prerequisites for this course.