CEM2113 - Foundations for Christian Educational Ministries
A survey of the theological and theoretical foundations of Christian educational ministries aimed at assisting the student to formulate a personal philosophy of Christian Education. Prerequisite: Introduction to Christian Educational Ministries.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- To aid the student in gaining a basic understanding of primary principles that form the foundation of effective Christian education in a local church.
- To assist the student to interpret these primary principles into a personal philosophy of Christian education.
- To help the student develop the skills necessary for applying these primary principles in the development and ongoing operation of a local church Christian educational ministry.
The following are competencies for Ministry as outlined in the Sourcebook for Ministerial Development that will be addressed in this course:
- Ability to describe and apply knowledge of human development in leading people to Christian maturity.(CP9)
- Ability to prepare and lead discipleship ministries that are biblically sound, age-appropriate, intergenerational, and culturally sensitive.(CP15)
- Ability to assess contemporary approaches to ministry in light of enduring theological and contextual perspectives.(CP16)
Introduction to Christian Educational Ministries.